Corolla NC Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» County Buys Carolina Water
Waste water presentation from BOC work session EmptyWed 20 Jul 2011, 7:45 pm by Elizabeth Lindemann

» Waste water presentation from BOC work session
Waste water presentation from BOC work session EmptyWed 20 Jul 2011, 7:39 pm by Elizabeth Lindemann

» Our State Magazine
Waste water presentation from BOC work session EmptyFri 24 Jun 2011, 6:41 pm by Elizabeth Lindemann

» News article
Waste water presentation from BOC work session EmptyFri 24 Jun 2011, 11:16 am by barbmarz

» NC Turnpike Authority Application for TIFIA federal funding
Waste water presentation from BOC work session EmptyFri 24 Jun 2011, 10:55 am by Elizabeth Lindemann

» BOC meeting & budget
Waste water presentation from BOC work session EmptyWed 22 Jun 2011, 11:43 am by barbmarz

» Currituck County Budget
Waste water presentation from BOC work session EmptySat 18 Jun 2011, 8:48 pm by barbmarz

» BOC weighs waste water options
Waste water presentation from BOC work session EmptyFri 17 Jun 2011, 11:55 am by barbmarz

» Tourism dollars to help pay for new water system
Waste water presentation from BOC work session EmptyMon 13 Jun 2011, 12:13 pm by barbmarz

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Waste water presentation from BOC work session

2 posters

Go down

Waste water presentation from BOC work session Empty Waste water presentation from BOC work session

Post by barbmarz Sat 25 Jun 2011, 11:15 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

or here

Last edited by barbmarz on Sat 25 Jun 2011, 11:47 am; edited 1 time in total
barbmarz
barbmarz

Back to top Go down

Waste water presentation from BOC work session Empty Link to full engineering report

Post by barbmarz Sat 25 Jun 2011, 11:46 am

barbmarz
barbmarz

Back to top Go down

Waste water presentation from BOC work session Empty ok my questions

Post by Elizabeth Lindemann Sat 25 Jun 2011, 7:02 pm

Perhaps some can be answered before meeting- but I am sensitive to fact that I am unable to attend (some MD issues out of state) and many interested parties have homes rented now, even those who live most of the time in Corolla....and I often look at what is 'not' presented by stakeholders and ask why

So here goes

1- Who is Hazen & Sawyer, and what is their interest in the wastewater project?

2- Their summary speaks to a vacation destination but does not acknowledge ‘home’ to many who live here, why?

3- Supposition is based on the building of the bridge and is that a done deal?

4- 4- re #3 if wastewater is that n impact then that should be included in the cost and funding stream for the bridge, not on the backs of the homeowner?

5- That said #4- is this issue included in the bridge environmental impact decision?

Oh and I am not even through first paragraph yet….

6- If the issue is summer months/visitors then why not apply the tourist tax to this endeavor or raise that tax?

7- If as this report says the attraction is the coastal environment then why in ^&(&^ would there be a revenue burden bridge?

PS wasn’t there some knowledge-based reference to this issue by some bridge opponents?

8- Who is Outer Banks Ventures? What is their stake and ROI for the project?

9- A 20 year plan? Outrageous especially since this issue is the result of an ineffective prior plan- and was their research to the extent of life span and liability for the Ocean Sands wastewater? Possible fine print or bid that affirmed a lifespan would hold those developers to remediation

10- Oh and other areas ‘considered’ sorry neighbors not to inflame but ‘considered’ does not sit well with me, what is the actual, concrete wastewater plan for the adjoining- hence regional properties-

11- Does the master plan for build out was and remains responsibility of the County- along with its continued issuance of building permits--- if they misjudged the impact they yep entire county should absorb the effects--- I recall a building moratorium in Whalehead for issues that were not resolved yet construction continued with building permits issued?

12- Why does the plan does seem to pro-rate costs for areas with ‘hotels’ and other large rentals as compared to a year round resident with a 1-2 bedroom home

13- What is the comparison to existing septic systems in areas like Whalehead?

14- What is the major storm impact?

15- Is there a study that affirms the projected rental market can offset the additional costs to investors, as well the overall impact on permanent residents?

16- What is the plan for the potential glut of abandoned and bank foreclosure properties as cost of living in Corolla increases?-- I can affirm three houses near my home empty both on and off season because of foreclosure or other financial issues.

17- Why is building a rec center on the mainland a higher revenue priority than supplementing or supporting the waste water for the county revenue machine?

Oh and the sorta emotional question--- why do we keep trying to make the northern Outer Banks what it is NOT--- as well as continue to engage the risk of attempting to alter nature---

Elizabeth Lindemann

Back to top Go down

Waste water presentation from BOC work session Empty Re: Waste water presentation from BOC work session

Post by Elizabeth Lindemann Fri 15 Jul 2011, 8:01 pm

here's for me something interesting re alternatives to both the problem and the cost.....http://currituck.ces.ncsu.edu/index.php?page=news&ci=AGRI%2046

If the county property could get this kind of support why not Corolla? ok so even if a slight impact and minimal cost reduction, from my perspective every penny applied appropriately helps.

And yes, I am still amazed that the overall revenue support provided by the OBX Currituck communities would not be directed to the costs of this project- if as suggested is as dire for public health and safety as one would think...on the other hand if the project is high priority to keep the revenue flowing; well guess that is another post and another consideration.

Elizabeth Lindemann

Back to top Go down

Waste water presentation from BOC work session Empty Re: Waste water presentation from BOC work session

Post by Elizabeth Lindemann Fri 15 Jul 2011, 8:07 pm

okay here's a quotable quote- the county should lead by example- so the context of the example is affordable, funded, natural approaches NOT private/public partnerships that continue to assault the environmental infrastructure with costs pushed onto the Corolla community.

my take is if the county is to lead by example, as Mr. Woody affirms, all hands on deck should be looking at low/no cost environmental solutions in Corolla. I remember attending a meeting at the library where several residents were knowledgeable and with real world experience in sustainable approaches to many of our challenges. I'd like to see BOC draw upon the knowledge and skills of many Corolla residents.

Elizabeth Lindemann

Back to top Go down

Post by Elizabeth Lindemann Wed 20 Jul 2011, 7:39 pm

Hi just update on this topic I had a few more questions I posed to Ben and Vance- go a reply from Ben he is forwarding to county engineer- once I get reply will be happy to post.

Elizabeth Lindemann

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down