Corolla NC Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» County Buys Carolina Water
MC Bridge updates EmptyWed 20 Jul 2011, 7:45 pm by Elizabeth Lindemann

» Waste water presentation from BOC work session
MC Bridge updates EmptyWed 20 Jul 2011, 7:39 pm by Elizabeth Lindemann

» Our State Magazine
MC Bridge updates EmptyFri 24 Jun 2011, 6:41 pm by Elizabeth Lindemann

» News article
MC Bridge updates EmptyFri 24 Jun 2011, 11:16 am by barbmarz

» NC Turnpike Authority Application for TIFIA federal funding
MC Bridge updates EmptyFri 24 Jun 2011, 10:55 am by Elizabeth Lindemann

» BOC meeting & budget
MC Bridge updates EmptyWed 22 Jun 2011, 11:43 am by barbmarz

» Currituck County Budget
MC Bridge updates EmptySat 18 Jun 2011, 8:48 pm by barbmarz

» BOC weighs waste water options
MC Bridge updates EmptyFri 17 Jun 2011, 11:55 am by barbmarz

» Tourism dollars to help pay for new water system
MC Bridge updates EmptyMon 13 Jun 2011, 12:13 pm by barbmarz

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

MC Bridge updates

2 posters

Go down

MC Bridge updates Empty MC Bridge updates

Post by Elizabeth Lindemann Thu 26 May 2011, 7:14 pm

I have been delighted to receive email alerts re the MC Bridge issue through CCA- kudos and thanks to those still pushing this envelope.

A few thoughts- this is an example of community engagement and power-- some of the talking points posted are summaries of lots of posts and ideas from a wide range of stakeholders and some early 'conversations' were challenging but a true testament to the notion of community.

okay not signed, sealed and delivered yet--- so I'd like to add one item to the talking points- the stated purpose of the mobility fund is for 'statewide' benefit; clearluy MC Bridge did not have statewide benefit and I'd have to acknowledge that even if I were not in opposition for so many other reasons.

Elizabeth Lindemann

Back to top Go down

MC Bridge updates Empty MC Bridge updates II

Post by Elizabeth Lindemann Thu 26 May 2011, 7:19 pm

sorry guess I am replying to myself but do want to get out into the world a thought--

if bridge does meet its fiscal demise, an important next step for all of us is to build relationships with Duck and Southern Shores--- and BOC for Dare.

these residents and administrators have believed the MCB was the answer to their congestion issues- and most 'north' know it was not---and there are several alternatives for both Currituck beach areas and Dare that could be discussed and planned.

Not sure how all the posting works, but perhaps CCA could offer to host and community meeting that for Corolla and Duck/Southern Shores---hmm is the term 'sit down' Very Happy

Elizabeth Lindemann

Back to top Go down

MC Bridge updates Empty MC Bridge updates II

Post by Elizabeth Lindemann Thu 26 May 2011, 7:20 pm

sorry guess I am replying to myself but do want to get out into the world a thought--

if bridge does meet its fiscal demise, an important next step for all of us is to build relationships with Duck and Southern Shores--- and BOC for Dare.

these residents and administrators have believed the MCB was the answer to their congestion issues- and most 'north' know it was not---and there are several alternatives for both Currituck beach areas and Dare that could be discussed and planned.

Not sure how all the posting works, but perhaps CCA could offer to host and community meeting that for Corolla and Duck/Southern Shores---hmm is the term 'sit down' Very Happy

Elizabeth Lindemann

Back to top Go down

MC Bridge updates Empty Re: MC Bridge updates

Post by barbmarz Thu 26 May 2011, 7:40 pm

Great idea Elizabeth! Hope we get a chance to implement Smile
barbmarz
barbmarz

Back to top Go down

Post by Elizabeth Lindemann Thu 26 May 2011, 7:57 pm

thanks- sometimes I am not so confident my ideas or how I communicate them 'work'. My overall life philosophy is that more often than we think- people we perceive as 'opposite/oppostion' are not; rather there has been either a miscommunication (hearing as well as saying) or folk forgetting the emotional side of issues and how people feel.

so yep and I know 'all y'all' will advocate the greater good- and thanks much-

Elizabeth Lindemann

Back to top Go down

Post by Elizabeth Lindemann Sat 28 May 2011, 6:31 pm

MC Bridge follow up:

I emailed the governor. I receive her weekly updates and this one was about her concerns the the current budget proposal and its impact on education and emergency management.

I noted the bridge dollars as a way to offset these concerns- and that the burden of this il-conceived project would fall on state residetns. I also l suggested she get the word out that she'd veto a budget with the MC Bridge in it at the detriment of more necessary and statewide equitable items.

I have emailed Gov. Purdue in the past and after the programmed acknowledgement have gotten personalized responses that suggest someone has read my emails.

For anyone reading this, I would suggest emailing the governor and perhaps sharing the strategy with our mainland neighbors who also have voiced their concerns about the project.

I plan another letter to Raleigh and Charlotte newspapers- will keep all y'all informed.

Elizabeth Lindemann

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down